Monday, October 24, 2011

We are done. My last chemo treatment was six weeks ago. I took my last trial drug pill about 3 weeks ago. Last week I had my lungs scanned; my lungs are clear. I will go in every 4 months for the next year to make sure my lungs stay clear.

I am cured, cancer-free. The word "remission" means temporary; it's a dirty word. Each day I feel better and my family and I gain distance from our unwelcomed guest who is no longer with us. Good riddance.

It took the help and support of our families, our coworkers, our neighbors and friends to come through this. Every prayer, email, notecard, text message, phone call, bouquet, book, meal, and babysitting break gave us refuge and strength to heal. Thank you so much for your support.

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for you, Mike, and certainly also happy for Julie, Rylan and Jacqueline. You are a strong family unit able to conquer anything as you have proven!

    I love your beautifully meaningful collage and can't wait to take a closer look at it! We love each of you so much!

    ReplyDelete